Often, this is as simple as remembering to squeeze the gun trigger before turning on your pressure washer. You must squeeze the trigger to relieve any back pressure or purge air pockets, or the unit will not start.
Tools that may be needed: channel-lock pliers
Try starting your pressure washer by carefully following each step below:
- Make sure the integrated GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) on the pressure washer’s power cord is not tripped. Press the “Test” button and then press the “Reset” button. If the GFCI does not reset, repairs are required. If your unit is under warranty, take it into the nearest Campbell Hausfeld service center. If it is not under warranty, you should take it into the nearest service center or call Campbell Hausfeld Technical Support at (800) 543-6400.
- Make sure the pressure washer is connected correctly to an electric outlet with a dedicated circuit. If so, check to see if other electrical appliances will operate when plugged into that outlet. If other appliances do not operate when plugged into that outlet, check the outlet’s circuit breaker.
- If the electric outlet is equipped a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter), it may have been tripped. Push in the “Test” button and then push in the “Reset” button. If the outlet does not reset, a ground fault may exist elsewhere in the circuit, or the outlet may be defective. Check all other GFCI outlets in the home to be sure none of them are also tripped.
- Relieve any incoming pressure on the pump by disconnecting the garden hose.
- Reconnect the garden hose, and be sure the pressure hose is attached to the unit.
- Turn the water on, and squeeze the gun trigger to purge air out of the system.
- Continue to squeeze the trigger as you turn the unit power switch ON. It should now start.
NOTE: if you turn the pressure washer on before depressing the trigger, the unit will not start and pressure will continue to build up, potentially causing damage to the system.
- If the unit does not start after following these steps, repairs are required. If your unit is under warranty, take it into the nearest Campbell Hausfeld service center. If it is not under warranty, you should take it into the nearest service center or call Campbell Hausfeld Technical Support at (800) 543-6400.